Sunday 17 February 2013

I, ME and PowerPoint

Dear Donna and Classmates

I can't believe it's the sixth week of this beautiful journey we've embarked on. Time never stands still. But when we look back, we find it frozen into the frames of joy and sorrow. I am going to miss these days. I am so lucky. I have Donna, Sonia, Ayman, Vinay, Sitaram, Basu, Livia, Pam and so on. This course is a beautiful snap I am going to preserve for years. Look at the way it has transformed us all into what we dreamed to be. It feels great to see your dream materialized. What is greater is to see the dreams of your classmates turning into reality along with your dream in the process of transformation. Still what is greater is to know that it became possible through the course which this course has taken. Active participation, cross-fertilization of ideas, motivation, experiments, permission to share feelings and thoughts, and Donna. What not! This course has everything one needs to be a good learner. I wish I could meet you all personally and have a cup of coffee. Coffee with Dev! 

Well, let me discuss something about my project. I have started it. I started with distributing several copies of A to Z Bloopers of Business English Writing. I also distributed some samples of errors Indians commit when they write applications or letters. 

Examples

- Please allow me to go to village because I am going there to sell my land along with my wife. 

- I am going home. My mother-in-law is off. I am responsible. I am leaving.   

I showed them a video clip and we roared with laughter. Isn't that a great way to start your project? I explained the theory of the topic with the help of a linear PowerPoint presentation.  Next week I'll have a quiz competition in my class. Then I'll be sharing links to the videos on how to write sales letters. I may modify my project. I am planning to add two more things in my project. Let's see how it goes. I'll leave you with the video I showed to my students.


Dev

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dev,

    I loved your post. I am so glad that you have started your project.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete