Sunday 10 March 2013

Eyes Smile No More...

Dear Donna and Classmates

This is the ninth week of our course, and next week will be the tenth and last week of this course - a journey that has enriched my bank of experiences. I am no more what I was. It is a new birth. I have a smile on my lips, but not in my eyes. I have not seen you in person, but my eyes are going to miss you all. 

Well, the ninth week introduced me to the concept of learning styles and how different tools can help me address the needs of students with different learning styles. The concept was not new, but the articles provided substantiated the concept in an easy-to-follow manner, and, therefore, I could learn some new things about this subject which I had not explored in great detail. Moreover, the posts written by my classmates also added to my knowledge about the use of tools. Nicenet is a sea where all rivers contribute their richness and do not allow to get this sea salty. When I look back and think how much I have learned from participating in Nicenet discussions, I feel an irrepressible urge to coin a special adjective to praise the quality learning that has taken place on this platform. 

Working on my project was easy, and I must thank Donna for that. She had, from the very beginning, familiarized us with the format and style used in project writing. Had she not told us to describe our learners and the setting in the beginning, this task of project writing would not have materialized so easily as it did. Friends, I forgot to tell you that I have come across some very good samples of sales letters written by some well-renowned organizations. I am going to share them with my students and have thought of a game which they will be playing to  learn certain catchy phrases used in the letters. I will be sharing more on this next week. 

Dev

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dev!!
    I think that we all share the same feeling and using the same words: “I am no more what I was. It is a new birth.”

    We all learned a lot during these weeks and after the nicenet discussions, the suggested material and the development of our project, we can’t be the same anymore.

    I congratulate you for your project and also with the letters game that you intend to develop with your students. I hope that you have success applying it.

    All the best,
    Claudia Borges

    ReplyDelete